Air Spade for Digging Around Roots
Dig Around Trees and Shrubs Without Causing Damage To the Roots
In the context of Tree Care Services, an Air-Spade is a commercial grade arborist tool used to manipulate the soil and dirt around a tree’s roots. Arbor Plant Health Care offers air spade tree services throughout Nova Scotia.
Air Spade Tree Services in Nova Scotia
The air spade is a lightweight, rugged and durable handheld tool that allows the removal to remove dirt from around trees and shrubs with minimal disturbance to the roots themselves.
Request a free site visit and tree services estimate today!
There are a number of professional arborist services that can be performed using the air spade. Air spades can be used:
- for quickly digging trenches without cutting neighboring roots or concrete
- for exposing a tree’s root flare for Macro-Injections
- for exposing a tree’s root flare of trees covered with fill dirt
- for exposing a tree’s root flare of trees planted too deep
- for exposing a tree’s root flare and root structure 6″ to 18″ below grade for tree base investigation
The Air-Spade produces a stream of supersonic air moving at Mach 2.
Air Spade Tree Work by a Certified Arborist
The way the air spade can remove the soil and not harm the tree’s roots is simple. It penetrates and dislodges most types of soil, but is harmless to non-porous objects such as plant roots, buried pipes, or cables. It has been proven to dig up to 50 percent faster than other air excavation equipment and much safer than digging by hand.
Arbor Plant Health Care arborists are trained professionals in Air Spade use. Call us today for a consultation.
Written on: Jan 2nd, 2007
Authored by: Arbor Plant Health Care